Today I want to share with you my commitment to optimize total health through wellness dentistry, and to help you understand about the connections of oral health to other systemic diseases.
We know that gum disease is linked to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, pregnancy complications, Alzheimer’s, certain cancers, including oral cancer. Other conditions can include oral airway and sleep apnea, TMJ-headaches and migraines, as well as dental decay.
Calming inflammation is a key component to a healthier life. As your dentist I want to help you learn to decrease your bodies overall inflammatory load.
What you can expect from me in a wellness based conversation are the following questions:
- How many hours do you sleep each night?
- What is your current stress level
- Have you ever seen a nutritionist, naturopath, chiropractor?
- When was the last time you saw your physician?
- Do you drink 4-8 glasses of water per day?
- Do you regularly eat fish or take fish oil supplements?
- Do you take Vitamin D in the winter months?
- Do you eat 7-9 servings of fruits and vegetables daily?
- Do you exercise regularly?
Building a foundation of Health is what I aspire to for myself and my patients.
If you or someone you love has been looking for a more complete health experience, have them call my office to schedule an appointment.